As we continuously strive to be one of the best restaurants in Port Elizabeth, our dedicated team at Bocadillos restaurants are taking extra precautions against the spread of COVID-19.
It’s our ongoing commitment to ensure the safety of our staff and diners remains our biggest priority, above all else.
COVID-19 and Bocadillos Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Although there is much fear surrounding the coronavirus in South Africa, we would like to assure our customers that stringent hygiene practices have been implemented in all our restaurants in Port Elizabeth.
Despite the standard hygiene and food safety practices that our staff adheres to, according to health and safety guidelines and legislation, we are currently going the extra mile to prevent the spread of infection.
Food Safety and Coronavirus Safety Measures
Although the virus originated from an animal source, it cannot be spread via food itself. In fact, the spread of this disease takes place through direct or indirect contact with an infected person.
For this reason, we have enhanced our on-site hygiene protocol in the following ways:
- We are providing restaurant-grade hand sanitiser for every person who walks through our doors, including our staff and especially our diners
- We are using restaurant-grade surface disinfectant to clean and disinfect all tables and chairs after every visit from our valued customers
- Our staff are required to sanitise their hands at least every 30 minutes as well as after coming into direct contact with another person
- Our utensils, cutlery and crockery are cleaned at extremely high temperatures, ensuring adequate disinfection
Furthermore, we are closely monitoring our staff members and perform daily checks to ensure that there is no possibility of infection.
Should anyone of our staff members suspect that they have been exposed to an infected person, or should they be showing symptoms, we ensure that they stay at home and seek immediate medical care.
Places to Eat in Port Elizabeth
Due to legislation, we are required to adjust our operating hours until further notice. Therefore, we will be operating as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 9 am – 6 pm
- Sundays and Public Holidays: 9 am – 1 pm
To the best of our knowledge, and at the time of publishing this article, we are unaware of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Eastern Cape.
However, we are taking this situation seriously and doing our best at being proactive in preventing transmission of the virus and kindly ask our customers to do the same.
How can You Help?
- Stay up to date with the latest information regarding confirmed cases in your area
- Sanitise and wash your hands regularly
- Seek immediate medical attention should you experience symptoms or suspect exposure
- If you do not feel well, we urge you to stay at home until you are tested
Bocadillos Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Our team is dedicated to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 by enhancing our existing hygiene and food safety practices.
If you would like more information about preventing the spread of infection, or if you would like to make a booking at one of our restaurants, please contact us.